Monday, August 22, 2011

Greetings from England!

Hiya, you alright?  Yes, I am in England.  Double decker buses, a variety of accents (posh and not so posh), more pubs than you can count...  Although I remember some things from when I was here five years ago, a lot of things have changed.  My first day I remember thinking, "they all really DO talk that way!"  I've gotten over jetlag quickly, but I can tell that it will take time to re-adjust to living and ministering here.  I cannot tell you how much it means to know that many people are praying for me.  I know that prayer - God working through prayer - is how I am able to keep going, even when it can be overwhelming.

My first couple days in England went quite fast!  I re-acquainted myself with the people round the base, and with Halesowen, the town where it is located.  I registered with a GP (doctor) and opened a bank account.  Some things are 'the same', while many things are different.  I arrived in England on August 18th, and then already on August 21st I travelled to Holland to volunteer at the OM GO Conference.  This is a conference to orient new recruits to OM and from here they are sent out to their various countries/areas of ministry.  I am at the conference right now, and will be working in the kitchen and at the information desk.  The recruits arrive tomorrow.

Well, it is supper time here, so I have to go.  I'll hopefully get the chance to write more soon.

In Christ our common bond,

Tami

At the airport in London

Typical British pub

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Tami
Praying God will give you the energy you are going to need at the Go conference and that he will give you the ability to be a little more laid back as things are more group concentrated there. Take everything to Him in prayer.

Love always
Mom