Monday, August 08, 2011

'Good' bye?

We took some family pictures yesterday.  It was somewhat bittersweet.  I'm glad to spend time with family and get some people I love on film to take with me to England.  But it's sad too.  It is 9 days till I leave (I know the countdown to the right says otherwise, but I can't figure out how to fix it yet), and I'll miss my family and friends.  It's been hard lately to think of leaving, knowing all the things I'll miss out on.  I had my commissioning service at my church yesterday too, and I realized it was my last church service there for some time.  Said goodbye to a lot of people...people I've grown to love and appreciate.  I know that God has called me, and I would never back down from that, but still - how do you say goodbye?  Is it a 'good' bye?  Is it a see you later?  I don't know.  It feels like a bye that isn't so good and is for a long time.  I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because it is a joy to follow God.  Following God always involves some sacrifices, and if you really think about it, are they truly sacrifices, or more like a greater surrendering?  Regardless, I will follow in obedience - hard or not.  Your prayers are much appreciated!!

The Fam!
Can't forget my Cody bear!

Pictures taken by my lovely friend Kaila!

2 comments:

Kaila said...

It was a blessing to take pictures of your family! :) Love you Tam Tam!

Judy said...

Thanks Kaila we really appreciated you doing this for us. They turned out great.

Judy